La Prairie Skin Caviar is a line of anti-aging skin products designed to restore youthful vitality and instantly exfoliate, clarify, and tone the skin. The formula uses nutrient-rich caviar extracts to increase firmness, hydrate, and soothe.
The glycoproteins in La Prairie Skin Caviar are said to improve cell communication and regeneration, resulting in silky, smooth skin. Even precious metals are included in the proprietary formula for their supposed anti-inflammatory properties, as well as creating a healthy, radiant glow.
LA PRAIRIE SKIN CAVIAR INGREDIENTS AND SIDE EFFECTS
Key ingredients claimed to provide anti-aging benefits:
- Caviar Extract: Rich in nutrients, this ingredient is what gives the skin lift and firmness.
- Malt Extract: Contains natural cooling and soothing properties to help minimize skin irritations.
- Algae Extract: Contains moisturizing properties to help keep skin hydrated.
- Ginseng Root Complex: Promotes cell regeneration and helps to restore and maintain skin elasticity.
- Horsetail Extract: Strengthens skin’s connective tissues and reduces appearance of wrinkles. May be irritating to some skin types.
- Gold: Said to contain anti-inflammatory properties and create youthful radiance.
LA PRAIRIE SKIN CAVIAR QUALITY OF INGREDIENTS
La Prairie Skin Caviar contains several ingredients with natural anti-aging properties. Caviar extracts help support the skin’s natural contours, instantly creating tone, firmness, and suppleness. Other natural extracts contain properties that help soothe, moisturize, and promote cell regeneration.
There are some concerns about the ingredients of La Prairie Skin Caviar. There are many common fillers and skin irritants in the formula, including several volatile fragrance additives, which can only counteract any possible age-defying benefits. There is also not enough research to determine whether gold and platinum have effective anti-aging properties, or if the “youthful radiance” is a result of the reflective qualities of precious metals.